Monday, May 10, 2010

9 year anniversary

for our nine year anniversary we decided to do something really crazy... how bout go to san bernidino and stay the night in a teepee. Great idea! this is how it came about...
James got a call from Cal schools education something and they liked his idea about this switch box they made in one of his classes and wanted him to come and make lesson plans for it and to be put in lessons plans through all of california. They said they would pay for hotel to come to san bernadino for a couple of days. the first night fell on our anniversary and i said... "you're going to spend our anniversary in a hotel without me?" but we made it work and wonderful Nicole spent the night with my kids and take them to school so that i could go with him. we went out to eat before we left at outback and my wonderful husband changed our seats 3 times so that I could watch the nba playoffs during our anniversary dinner. I think the waitress was kinda shocked when she found out i was watching the game. that man knows me well, and loves me tons to do that for me. We then made our way through snow over the mountains to san bernandino. neither of us had been there before, but the area we were in was kinda scary, i thought james was going to get mugged out there riding a bus. so we made it to our teepee, which was booked by the school board, weird! rated one of the best hotels there. (i know why now, everything else was soooo scary) I was happy to have our little teepee. It was fun to be away for a night and we will always remember and joke about what could possibly beat this anniversary. but we are already in the works for our tenth and it's looking pretty sweet.



No comments: