Thursday, March 4, 2010

Valentines Day CRAFT

So for Vday this year james and I went a little early, two weeks early. I don't think we have ever celebrated Valentines day on actual Valentines do, it never bothered me, we would always go when we could and count it for that day. In fact James and my first valentines day ever when i was 17 was not celebrated on Valentines day, James had to film a commercial down in the valley so we did it another day, i ws kind sad being my first one with him but come to find that that one commercial practically paid for his whole mission made up for it. So we don't think of it as a big deal much. Sooooo anyways, I had always know about restaurant week in LA and knew that it was around january, so i just happened to look it up the last 3 days, i was so excited. James was all for it. we decided to go to Craft. even though or reservations weren't until 10pm, we were going. They had a three course menu for 44 dollars. fine dining... can't beat that. The food was amazing. the service was amazing. Great place if you are ever in LA. So you can see it was raining. but it didn't bother us. We had foie gras, pate, smoked trout, beautiful salad with hazelnuts (that was just appetizers) next james had a slow cooked rib eye, and i had homemade ricotta filled pasta, so delish! Dessert: warm cinnamon sugar donuts with dark chocolate dipping sauce, and chai penna cota that was so smooth. They even gave us a banana nut muffin for us to take home. SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD.
I am a sucker for an awesome meal like that. Best Valentines ever. James and I agree we are going to do it every year and try some place new. I don't know if it could top Craft. Loved it. Happy Valentines day to me!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Holy Crap....aside from the foie gras, that sounds like some of the best eats ever.