Friday, January 9, 2009

New Years Eve Party

New Years Eve! Well, we had a party for ringing in the new year. Everyone came and I think the kids out numbered the adults but hey they had fun. James projected Mario Kart onto our enormously blank white wall and the kids had fun with that. We played some imaginiff with everyone and had a few laughs. (it's a real fun game if you haven't played, but you kinda have to know the people you are playing with.) My mom bought a costco pack of those Poppers with the strings that come out and I'm pretty sure we had atleast 100. The kids all stayed up to pull them at 12:01 but I think Todd had the most fun, pulling at least 8 all at the same time.

That's when all the fun began. I made Breakfast for everyone all to the sweet tunes of GNR's greatest hits. Diane and I were rockin' in the kitchen but I don't think that all the people there really felt the same way as we do when it comes to some music. Anyways it was fun. Diane made a hot Chocolate bar, with lots of different flavors and marshmallows, everyone loved it even the kids.

Lily woke up like a quarter til 12 and of course with all the noise did not go back to sleep so easy. It was the one night that Uncle Jason let Cullen be as Loud as he wanted when he said "Happy New Year" outside. So Cece and Olivia decided to decorate Lily's swing with some of the confetti strings. They thought it was so cool, so I had to take a picture. And ofcourse my money minded 5 year old that always likes to sell things decided to collect all that confetti and save it until he will "sell it" to passerbys in the neighborhood like a lemonade stand. Yeah, he loves to sell people things. But Happy New Year to everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urg! I SO wish I could have been there!! But I'm glad you had fun...hahaha.

Tera said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Andrea said...

FUN!! Wish we could've been there!

Teresa said...

Sounds like you kids had a blast!! We are jealous! ;)

laurdacooj said...

fun!!!! Can we have another Lancaster reunion one of these days??? Were only 8 hours away now! I want to come see all of you and your cute, fun kids!

Jillian said...

Looks like a dangerous group, in the first pic, at least. Hope all the kids survived to see the New Year!