Friday, February 6, 2009

Ska Show


Yeah I know i'm turning 30 this year but hey, who says you have to act 30, right?! So Cindy and I have always said that we wanted to go to a ska show together, because we both went to them "back in the day", and we never knew each other. I thought that would be fun but never thought I would find a show that I would like to go to. But just for fun I started looking especially because Cindy is turning 30 this month, I thought it would be a good gift. And I found one. The Toasters, Buck O nine, Deal gone Bad, and VooDoo Glow Skulls. So we had our plan the show was at House of Blues on Downtown Disney, so we would go to Disneyland that day with our hubbies and kids then they leave and we dance. (i'm still nursing Lily so i fed her right before they left.) Good thing Dave and James were good sports about the whole thing driving home with all 5 kids. (they all went to sleep) I was totally excited that the man asked us if we were over 21. I just said thank you, and Cindy told them we don't drink anyways that we have Carpools in the morning. I was super excited when I walked in seeing rudies everywhere, patches, buttons, suspenders. So we danced and skanked and couldn't hear a word eachother was saying. I even made it through the pit. The Toasters were awesome, BuckO9 was great and even Deal gone bad was good. It was fun to feel like we were 17 again. I didn't feel old at all, there were alot of people older than us, and most of them were in the bands we were watching. and that little old man about 60 who had an old patched jacket, all stars, and was skankin' along with the youngsters. (totally cool). I loved it. now i'm paying the consequences. got about 5 hours of sleep, and being a mommy all day, made me sick and tired. I guess i'm not as young as I used to be.

5 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! =) What great husbands you have to give you guys the chance to have such a fun night! =)

Teresa said...

Can't tell you how jealous I am! Buck O'Nine is my favorite Ska Band! I'm really glad you guys got to go have such a great time! Its great Jimmy was willing to watch the kiddies. I'm sure they had fun too :)

Tera said...

aahh. I bet you guys had so much fun. I know what you mean about needing time away to just be young and have fun. It's good every now and then to take off the mommy hat and put on the just me hat!

Jake & Rachel said...

That's awesome!! It sounds like you guys had a night to remember!! I love the image of the old man skanking!

Dave and Cindy, and then some... said...

I totally need to blog about this!! It was SOOO fun! But I did take the longest nap ever the next day...who knew the WII could entertain a 3 & a 5 year old so long? lol! I could have hug that guy for thinking we were under 21!