Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sophia Name Game


James picked out Sophia's middle name when she was born, and it is Dawn. I wasn't really happy about it but it goes together nicely. So we were talking about middle names the other day and Sophia asked "what's my middle name and I told her Dawn." She said No it's not, that's your name. I told her yes it was mine but it's your middle name too. She refused. "No Mom that is not my middle name my middle name is Sophie". I said "Your name is Sophia Sophie Stockdale?" (wouldn't that be a terrible name) She said yes, I thought that she got confused with nick names so I asked her what Cullen's Middle name was and she said "Benjamin" and that was right. Then she turned to James and said, "Daddy what is your middle name?" He said "Earl" She said, NOOOOOO dad your middle name is "JIMMY" I thought it was pretty funny. So we have Sophia Sophie Stockdale and James Jimmy Stockdale.

5 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

That is so cute and I love the picture!

Teresa said...

I think I kinda like James Jimmy... then I could call him JJ... that would be even more fun ;) Sophia Sophie is cute too! What a creative little one you've got there.

Tera said...

This put a little smile on my face!

rvan said...

Dawn I've never been on your blog before!! Holy cow is that Cullen a mini Jimmy or what??? CUte kids. I guess our friend who is an orthodontist saw Nate the other day and somehow Bart and i got brought up anyhow, it made me think of the good ol days, when jimmy drove a few of us out to victorville for a fireside, do you remember that? I thought I was going to die because of jimmy's driving, I seriously prayed the whole way home- I'm such a whimp. Anyhow, it sounds like you guys are doing good, I need to visit you when we are back in town again or if you are ever here let us know, it would be so fun to see you.

April H. said...

Okay, that was funny. Made my morning!